Wednesday, July 30, 2008

C’mon, What’s the Hold-up? Oh…




Came to a railway crossing and the gates were down. Living in South Bend, naturally, I was neither surprised nor unfamiliar with this concept, but couldn’t remember the last time in South Bend that I was parked at a train crossing behind an ox-cart full of agricultural products and people. Now true… I don’t spend a lot of time in Amish Country either, so that probably still exists not too far from away, but here in India, it’s a really regular occurrence.

I had video footage from Robin William’s portrayal of Adrian Cronaeur in Good Morning, Vietnam running through my head.

“There's a water buffalo jackknifed up there. It's not a very pretty picture. There's horns everywhere. I don't know what to say. Might have to drop some napalm in down there and see if we can't cook 'im down."

No comments: