Thursday, July 31, 2008

Medical Team: A Little Off-guard!

It didn’t take Jim long to finish with little Moses. When he did, Moses’ mother walked over with all smiles and extended a warmth and vibrancy that lit the Indian twilight. Then she asked me if I would take a picture of her and Barb together, and I said “sure”. I pulled out my camera and watched her sidle up to Barb. Thinking that this would be just the standard “we both stand here and smile for the camera” gig, I set up and prepared to click the button. Before I knew what was going on, however, the little lady reached up and grabbed Barb’s head with both hands, pulling it down to her face in the most energetic and grateful smooch I have ever seen! I think it really caught Barb off guard. But it was awesome! When it was Andrea’s turn, she received similar treatment, and it was amazing to see such a massive outpouring of affection.

2 comments:

Val said...

WOW! I am thrilled with what God is doing thru you! His love and care is being made a reality. Love is making a home in their hearts and is popping out in the smiles and kisses!

I am so proud of the team and will be praying that the camp goes well. Your gentle healing hands are changing lives and the world!

Love,
Val

Ryan said...

great job guys and gals